POINT OF CARE CME- TUBERCULOSIS, HIV, AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS
For whom is the service intended?
Clinicians globally who take care of patients with HIV, TB, and associated conditions.
Who provides the service?
Mayo Clinic HIV program and the Mayo Clinic Center for Tuberculosis have assembled a multi-disciplinary team of experts to work collaboratively to respond to the needs of clinicians worldwide
How does it work?
- Clinicians submit inquiries through a dedicated e-mail (IDeducation@mayo.edu) or a web portal.
- The inquiry should include deidentified but relevant clinical, laboratory, and radiographic information together with the specific question of interest.
- A Mayo Clinic consultant is assigned to this program on weekly rotation, and will be the primary contact person and resource for that week.
- The Mayo Clinic consultant reviews the case and responds with a formal opinion to the consult question within 48 hours.
- The response is accompanied with supplemental information and references to for additional client self-directed education.
- CME credit will be awarded per inquiry and consequent interaction.
Additional components of the program:
- Cases will be selected from the pool of queries and shared with the entire clinician community to illustrate and discuss important aspects of HIV and TB care
- Regularly scheduled webinars on a variety of topics related to HIV, TB, and related conditions
- Where desired, a formal relationship with HIV and or TB institutions or treatment centers can be established further aligning program output with local training and education needs